Resources for those over 65
We’ve put together a list of resources and services for south east London residents aged 65 and over.
Sometimes, if you’re experiencing mental ill-health, you’ll need help. And it’s better to seek help as early as possible. You can use these self-referral services to speak to a professional:
- Bexley Crisis Café: If you live in Bexley or Greenwich, you can visit Bexley Crisis Café, a safe and friendly place that provides access to mental health support and advice from health professionals.
- Bexley Care provides a Single Point of Contact for help and advice in relation to accessing mental health support services available on 020 3045 5159 or email@example.com
- Live Well Greenwich: Local information, events and support to improve your health and wellbeing. Call 0800 470 4831
Talking therapy is a specific service for people experiencing depression, anxiety and worry, panic attacks, social anxiety, traumatic memories. Find your borough below to access further information:
- Bexley Talking Therapies Service
- Talk Together Bromley
- Greenwich Time to talk
- Lambeth Talking Therapies Service
- Lewisham Talking Therapies Service
- Southwark Talking Therapies Service
You can also access Wellbeing Hubs local to you for more information and support:
- Bexley Community Connect: If you live in Bexley, you can use this service to improve your health and wellbeing by accessing new activities, support and services in your community.
- Bromley Well provides free health and wellbeing support Bromley residents. If you are feeling anxious, stressed or low, or have any long-term health conditions such as cancer, diabetes, asthma, get in touch with them today.
- Southwark Wellbeing Hub: Live in Southwark? Then access this service that help with information and support if you are worried about your wellbeing, or that of someone close to you.
- Lewisham Community Wellbeing: This service supports adults in the London borough of Lewisham to recover from mental ill-health and stay well.
- Dementia Support Centres for residents in Bromley and surroundings boroughs
- Bromley Dementia Support Hub for residents in Bromley who need advice and support for themselves or those they care for. Find out how to plan support, learn about dementia and look after yourself and those around you.
- Lewisham Dementia Support Hub: for residents in Lewisham who need advice and support for themselves or those they care for. Find out how to plan support, learn about dementia and look after yourself and those around you.
Talk to your GP
Need more help? Speak to your GP or a healthcare professional
If you’re suffering from mental ill-health and you feel the services listed above aren’t enough, make an appointment with your GP or speak to a healthcare professional. They will be able to refer you to services that can provide additional support, such as:
Bexley Locality Mental Health Service: Live in Bexley? You can call 020 36689 490 for information on Adult Mental Health services.
Greenwich Locality Mental Health Service: Live in Greenwich? You can call Ferryview Health Centre (Woolwich) on 020 8319 5500 or The Heights (Charlton) on 020 8269 4110 for advice on mental health services that are available to you locally.
Evening Sanctuary: Talk to staff and peers about how you are feeling and take part in activities, make a snack or be signposted to other services. Only for residents in Lambeth.
Additional mental health services for residents of south east London:
- Oxleas NHS Foundation Trust provides information on services in Bexley, Bromley and Greenwich.
- Mind in Bexley provides support services for residents in Bexley
- Bromley, Greenwich and Lewisham Mind provide support services for residents in Bromley, Greenwich and Lewisham.
- Check Lambeth and Southwark directory for information on mental health services available in these areas.
- Visit Lewisham mental health services.