Resources for 26-65 year olds
We’ve put together a list of resources and services for south east London residents aged 26-65.
Don’t let the pressure of parenting get you down. Try these simple tips and tricks, formulated by researchers and NHS mental health experts, which are backed by science and proven to work with families.
Sometimes, if you’re experiencing mental ill-health, you’ll need help. And it’s better to seek help as early as possible. You can use these self-referral services to speak to a professional:
- Outreach and Support OASIS: If you live in the boroughs of Lambeth, Southwark or Lewisham and are struggling with unusual experiences, such as hearing voices or feeling paranoid, Outreach and Support OASIS can help.
- Bexley Crisis Café: If you live in Bexley or Greenwich, you can visit Bexley Crisis Café, a safe and friendly place that provides access to mental health support and advice from health professionals.
- Broken Rainbow Is a UK LGBT domestic abuse helpline. It provides advice, support and referral services to LGBT people experiencing homophobic, transphobic and same sex domestic violence. Call: 0845 260 55 60
- Centre 70 They support adults who are facing social, mental, financial or other personal difficulties through a holistic programme of free and affordable services including Advice, Counselling, Training and Advocacy. In Lambeth and across London Call: 0208 670 0070
- Live Well Greenwich: Local information, events and support to improve your health and wellbeing. Call 0800 470 4831
- Engage in ME provides mental health and wellbeing support groups to adults from Black, Asian, Minority Ethnic and Refugee (BAMER) communities in Lewisham to learn how to manage their own mental health and wellbeing, find out about and access other relevant, local online support services discuss their cultural needs and how services can support them better.
- Marriage Care specialises in helping couples build and sustain strong, fulfilling, healthy relationships, and in providing support in times of relationship difficulty. Better relationships make for better lives, more stable families and a stronger society. Call: 0800 389 3801
- Parenting Support Group (PSG), Lewisham: PSG strives to support all parents through challenging times. We will listen, offer support and provide information and advice if appropriate via Counselling Service, Drop-in, Residential workshops and Buddies. Helpline: 07908 101767
- Bromley Community Counselling Service (BCCS): Looking after children and young people aged 18 or under? Use this service that can offer counselling, life-coaching, mediation, and couples counselling.
Talking therapy is a specific service for people experiencing depression, anxiety and worry, panic attacks, social anxiety, traumatic memories. Find your borough below to access further information:
- Bexley Talking Therapies Service
- Talk Together Bromley
- Greenwich Time to talk
- Lambeth Talking Therapies Service
- Lewisham Talking Therapies Service
- Southwark Talking Therapies Service
You can also access Wellbeing Hubs local to you for more information and support:
- Bexley Community Connect: If you live in Bexley, you can use this service to improve your health and wellbeing by accessing new activities, support and services in your community.
- Bromley Well provides free health and wellbeing support Bromley residents. If you are feeling anxious, stressed or low, or have any long-term health conditions such as cancer, diabetes, asthma, get in touch with them today.
- Southwark Wellbeing Hub: Live in Southwark? Then access this service that help with information and support if you are worried about your wellbeing, or that of someone close to you.
- Lewisham Community Wellbeing: This service supports adults in the London borough of Lewisham to recover from mental ill-health and stay well.
- Mindful Mums: If you’re pregnant or a new mum and live in Bromley, Lewisham or Greenwich, Mindful Mums can support you to look after yourself connect with other women and learn tips and techniques to manage changes.
Talk to your GP
Need more help? Speak to your GP or a healthcare professional
If you’re suffering from mental ill-health and you feel the services listed above aren’t enough, make an appointment with your GP or speak to a healthcare professional. They will be able to refer you to services that can provide additional support, such as:
Bexley Locality Mental Health Service: Live in Bexley? You can call 020 36689 490 for information on Adult Mental Health services.
Greenwich Locality Mental Health Service: Live in Greenwich? You can call Ferryview Health Centre (Woolwich) on 020 8319 5500 or The Heights (Charlton) on 020 8269 4110 for advice on mental health services that are available to you locally.
Evening Sanctuary: Talk to staff and peers about how you are feeling and take part in activities, make a snack or be signposted to other services. Only for residents in Lambeth.
Additional mental health services for residents of south east London:
- Oxleas NHS Foundation Trust provides information on services in Bexley, Bromley and Greenwich.
- Mind in Bexley provides support services for residents in Bexley
- Bromley, Greenwich and Lewisham Mind provide support services for residents in Bromley, Greenwich and Lewisham.
- Check Lambeth and Southwark directory for information on mental health services available in these areas.
- Visit Lewisham mental health services.